Pavilion of God Christian Church was founded in 2005 by Pastor Joshua Oravbiere, who is the General superintendent of the church. The first Sunday worship was held on July 10, 2005, with a total attendance of 17 adults and 25 children.
As a church, we see the spiritual weakness in the lives of many modern day Christians. How that Born-again Christians, for whom Christ had obtained VICTORY when He went to the cross, are constantly living in defeat and yielding ground to the enemies in all ramifications of life because they are distant from God. In Isaiah 59:1-2, we read, “Listen now! The Lord isn’t too weak to save you. And He isn’t getting deaf! He can hear you when you call! But the trouble is that your sins have cut you off from God. Because of sin He has turned His face away from you and will not listen any more.” (LB)
Christians live constantly in sin, fear, worry, anger, bitterness, sorrow, lack, sickness, broken or turbulent homes, pain, suffering, dishonor of God, and accept all that Satan can offer without power of resistance whatsoever, as if Christ went to the cross in vain.
Pavilion of God Christian church believes therefore that if Christians can be brought back into a close and strong relationship with God, by exposing them to the knowledge of the TRUTH (John 8:32; Hosea 4:6), through the teaching of God’s infallible word, the trend will be reversed. They will begin to have resounding victories in all areas of their lives, and enjoy God’s promised ABUNDANT LIFE (John 10:10). The power to overcome lies with God alone (Zechariah 4:6). Daniel 11:32b reads, “…but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.” (KJV) The above forms the principle upon which the mission statements of Pavilion of God Christian church is based, as stated below.
- The Holy Bible is the uniquely inspired word of God (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 1 Pet. 1:21; Psalm 25:14)
- In the deity and virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ; that He died upon the Cross as a substitution sacrifice for the sin of the world; that He arose from the dead and ascended into Heaven from whence He will return with power and glory. (Matt. 1:18-21; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Tim. 2:5; Acts 1:1)
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29; Matt. 25:46; 1 Cor. 15:2-21)
- In miracles through the power of God (Eccl. 15:16, John 14:12; Matt. 10:7-8: Mark 16:15-18)
- Christians have victory over the devil and all its demons (Phil. 2:10-11; Matt. 28:18-20)
- There is one God, Creator of all things, existing in three persons: “Father, Son, and Holy Spirit”. (1 Tim. 3:16; Matt. 3:16-17; 1 Cor. 8:6)
- The Salvation of lost and sinful men is achieved through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Eccl. 7:20; John 6:44; 1 Peter 1:18-25; Rom. 3:23)
- In the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Eph. 4:3; 2 Cor. 6:2,14-18)
- It is incumbent upon every believer to do his utmost to win souls (James 5:20; Daniel 12:3; Matt. 28:19-20)
- To lead people to God, His kingdom, and His way, through Jesus Christ.
- To teach people to learn, and follow the kingdom principles, and ways of God, as documented in the Holy Bible.
- To teach believers to influence their worlds with the lifestyle of the kingdom of God.
- To raise triumphant Christians, who overcome (live above the dictates of) the world by their faith in Jesus Christ (I John 5:4; Genesis 1:28).
- To prepare believers to be mission-minded pilgrims, focused on pursuing, and accomplishing, their God-ordained destiny here on earth.